Friday, August 7, 2009

No "Joe?"


"G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra" hits theaters nationwide today. It's not a big secret that many fans and moviegoers have already stated the bad taste that the preview seems to leave in their mouth...Strike 1. It was revealed this week that Paramount Pictures was not screening the movie to film critics, but instead screening it for soldiers and a couple avid fans....Strike 2. That's already 2 strikes from a movie that has yet to touch solid ground. I'm not ready to give it the 3rd strike just yet. I'm a huge "G.I. Joe" fan. As a kid, my "Joes" would fight off dinosaurs from "Jurassic Park" and "Batman" villians as I played throughout the house. I was super excited when I first heard about the film. After seeing the previews and photos my expectations have lowered a bit. I plan on seeing the film with some fans over the weekend. Even with the "bad press," I'm going in with an open mind. That's what everyone should do with every movie. I know it sounds cliche, but I know people that won't see a movie unless the critics like it. The basic principle....go into a movie with an open mind. It may be a movie that you're forced to see....or a movie that you don't want your friends to know that you've watched. Just remember that everyone has their own opinion and there is no greater one that your own. You don't let people tell you how good their food is...you grab a slice yourself. As far as "G.I. Joe" goes right now....at least Snake Eyes looks pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment