Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Goodbye



I couldn't help but post my thoughts on the tragic passing of John Hughes. The movies that he created have had a big impact on my life. If I go back, I can pretty much trace my childhood with his movies. Every year I sit down and watch "Christmas Vacation" on Christmas Eve with my family. "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" is what every student (especially me) dreamed of during a high school daze. I still have my "Talkboy" as used by Kevin in "Home Alone 2: Lost In New York." In a time that bigger bangs equal bigger bucks in movies, sometimes it's the simple ones that can leave a big impression on where you're going or where you've been. So, the next time you sit down with a group of family/friends/neighbors to watch a movie, think about picking a John Hughes' title. It will definitely give you a few laughs and might even give you some perspective on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment