Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Lost" In Thought...

My dear friends and TV lovers of all nations, we are now less than 48 hours away from the season premiere of the 6th and (gasp) final season of one of (in my humble opinion) the greatest TV shows in the history of the medium. I'm talking about, that's right, "Lost."
I remember first hearing about this show back in early 2004. I thought it was a very clever idea--something not seen on television before, and I was immediately hooked. I couldn't wait for the premiere, and when I saw it, I knew I was in for a real treat.
The show has sparked numerous discussions among friends and complete strangers, both in person, and through internet forums. I've been a contributor to one of my favorite forums, and you can read it on USAToday.com's Popcandy blog (look for it in the Life section).
Anyway, the show has everything you would want: a fantastic plot, great characters, and terrific writing. Like millions of others (no pun intended), I can't wait to find out what happens next.
Maureen Ryan over at The Chicago Tribune had a great 3 part interview with show creators and writers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse. Click here to read the entire article(s). Here's an excerpt:

Ryan: So many people love different things about "Lost" that I'm prepared to say, "OK, you guys like that stuff, that's cool. I'll get a turn with the stuff I like soon." 

Lindelof: We just hope you like Season 6. I think what’s cool about the show is that if you say to somebody who’s watched all five years, "What was your favorite season of the show?" -- there probably aren’t that many people out there saying Season 3 was their favorite, but they’ll say Season 3 was their favorite finale. You’ll get different answers. It's all over the place. And some people love Season 4 because of all the freighter stuff, some people love Season 5 because of the time-travel stuff. The purists just love Season 1 and nothing’s ever come up to [that standard], you know. That’s the way I was [i.e., debating which season was best] as a “Buffy” fan.

Cuse: Most people seem to like [Seasons] 1 or 5. Those are the two that people seemed to like the most. 




Click the link below to catch the season 5 finale which leads up to Tuesday night's season 6 premiere (which, by the way, you can catch starting with a special hourlong recap episode at 7p.m.)

the-incident-part-1

No comments:

Post a Comment