Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Take A Break?


Paramount has recently announced that "Transformers 3" will be released in 2011. Director Michael Bay already has a few ideas rolling through his head and has already met with Hasbro to talk about adding some new robots to the mix. I love Transformers, but I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. Don't get me wrong I want a third installment, but I just don't want it rushed into my face...I mean Hollywood never does that right?? I had hoped that Bay would take a break from Optimus and focus on something else for a change. He had plans to make a small budget movie before completing the trilogy. This would help him get a new perspective on the things he has done so far and how he can supplement them.

I am THE biggest Transformers fan, but it's no secret that there are a few problems with "Fallen," -- you can find some of my complaints in an older post. I'm also one of those that stand behind Bay -- instead of the thousands that continue to bash him all the time over the web. I will still be first in line for the third movie, I just wish he would do something else first.

Can directors learn from their mistakes? We will find out soon enough. Sam Raimi says he has learned from "Spider-Man 3" and hopes to make the fourth installment much better -- he actually did another movie before jumping back on the wall crawler.

Optimus Prime is one of my favorite icons. Is there anything wrong with waiting an extra year before we see him slash up a few more Decepticons??

Patience is a virtue.

No comments:

Post a Comment