Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"Lost" Comes To A Close

It's been a week and half now since fans around the world said their goodbyes to, in my opinion, one of the greatest shows in the history of television. ABC's "Lost" aired its series finale on Sunday, May 23rd, 2010.
I threw a small party and had a few friends over to mark the occasion. Much has already been written about the ending, so I'll be brief.
Everyone wondered how this mysterious show would come to a close. How would it all end? There were so many questions about different characters, etc. Without giving away the ending, I'll just say that I thought it was one of the best, if not the best, close to a show that I've ever had the pleasure to witness. Yes, it left some questions. I think I would have been mad had it not done so. It tied up ends in such a fashion so that everything made sense, and all the things these characters had spoken about for the past 6 seasons could be reflected upon and thought about in a way only "Lost" could have done it.
If you want to find out how it ended, there are certainly no shortages of places to find out for yourself on the internet. But I would encourage you to start at the very beginning. The first episode. Start watching, and I promise you that you will not be sorry. I've told a friend of mine now that "Lost" is over, I'm really not looking forward to television much anymore, and that's true. Sure, there are shows I watch, but not in the same way that it caused you to really use your brain, and think about what was happening. I even picked up the book "The Gospel According to 'Lost'" and look forward to reading it. I'll miss the characters, but I'm very glad a show like this came along--and I'm very grateful to have had many philosophical discussions with my friends about it. I'm sure those will continue. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment