Thursday, November 19, 2009

"New Moon" Fever!


They're young, they're in love, and they're vampires and werewolves (well, at least some of them are).
I confess, other than that, I really don't know anything about the "Twilight" franchise, but plenty of people do, and they're very excited about the sequel, "New Moon," which opens on Friday.
Based on the series of best selling books, the movie version of "Twilight" launched the careers of some of these young actors, who will no doubt go on to appear in many more films.
As for an official opinion on the whole deal, it's really hard for me to say. I can't deny that it has whipped millions of fans into a frenzy, but fans alone do not a good film make.
My prediction: An $80 million opening weekend, and another strong weekend ahead with more people seeing it again over Thanksgiving. If you do plan to see it, or have seen it, we'd love to see your comments.
Meantime, enjoy this clip:

No comments:

Post a Comment